Friday, October 5, 2007

Keep Runnin' Hommie!





I am not a very big fan of rap music but when I heard this song I was surprised by how much I liked it. The lyrics and music are so engaging that you forget you are watching a 9 minute music video.

Chamillionaire
actually made a really good video. The video follows the song. A rarity in music videos nowadays.

I agree with many things that are said in the song; but I am not crazy about the "not snitching" reference. When a crime has been committed, it is our civic duty to tell the police what we know. Although the meaning of word "snitch" has morphed from criminals telling on each other to meaning regular citizens not helping the cops. How that got to be is a thesis and a half.

I really like this song and I think they did such a great job that it is bound to win best video at next year's MTV Music Award (if they have the balls to put one on again; and if Kanye West doesn't bitch so much that they have to give it to him to shut him up.)

While watching this video try to read the ticker. It is very funny.

No comments: