Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Veterans of the War Against Microsoft






David Galleger of the New York Times time recently attended a Halo 3 launch even and came across the picture above and wondered what the signed was about. It just dawn of me that the person who put up the sign just pulled the best prank of the year. They got the New York Times to wonder about their sign. Kudos guys!!

There is no veterans of war against Microsoft, but it was marketing genius. I think it is someone who works for Microsoft who was trying to be funny and put the sign up.

Microsoft has a "Believe" campaign going and some of the ads for Halo 3 have a bunch of "veterans" from the war against the Covenant talking about their experiences and I think the sign was alluding to that.

Check out the spots for yourself and tell me If you think I am right.

Warning! These ads are really boring except for the one with the toy soldiers. It was really well done.


No comments: